Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An Ode to my Alto

Wrote this poem on 26th Jan 2010, the day my car crossed 30000kms. Today, when it crosses 40000kms, its time to revist the ode


twas the all fools day of 2006 when we first met, 
on your shiny blue exterior my eyes set

it was the beginning of a beautiful ride... 

a road we took together and swam the tide

i have caused you some harm, you have caused me none
u have taken me places and got things done

when the night is young and the roads are empty... 

the thrill to take you past 120

all those small joys we have shared.... 

those moments of anguish u have had to bear

you have been with me thru thick and thin... 

a real true friend u have been
 

many a moods you have shaped... 
many a thoughts u have braced

and now as u grow old it occurs to me... 

together always we shall not be
 

but u will always hold a special place in my heart.. 
cos u were my first and hopefully not my last

you are and will always me... my first and favouritest car!
 


4 comments:

  1. awesome !!!!!

    ranks right up there with
    "twinkle twinkle little star" in my book !

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. marriage is changing u man !

    it is making you humorous (from being merely funny - which is being a passive subject in the humor ecosystem)

    giving u courage ("I am not afraid of Suggi....never was")

    and now it has made you a poet....wow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually...very cute poem....and the pics make it nicer...

    (i hear sabhya is coming up with a similar thing about his fridge....but thats more likely to rhyme with "Beedi Jalai Le..." rather than "Twinkle Twinkle")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Often on long nights under starry skies
    Sodden with Mc D's "Kid's Special" coke-N-fries
    as we moved together on rainy streets in a tight embrace
    Like Darsheel fighting numbers in space
    On the cusp of excitement
    (Raging over Mumbai's excrement)
    you have leaked and I got wet
    but i never got your roof fixed and set

    your rusty springs poked me like darts
    your loud exhaust drowned out my farts
    I used to go down on you, just to touch the brake
    leaving the steering, putting my life at stake

    For a little man you were an adventure mighty
    And you know I love you though I never gifted you a nighty...

    It's been good, we have been Great
    but I think our goodbye is due and a little late
    You are no longer the world's smallest Car
    Nano - my new love -I have just lowered the bar.

    (with so many comments ppl are gonna think I stalk you or something)

    ReplyDelete